Work with HealthPathways can be counted as
- CPD activity hours with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) or
- a workshop with the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
Participants can earn up to 3 hours with RACGP and ACRRM.
HealthPathways will organise the clinical working groups and coordinate the CPD activity hours.
Criteria to receive points
- Attendance at a two-hour meeting in person or via video-conference if rural general practitioner.
- One hour to review and provide feedback on the draft pathway after the meeting.
There will be 3 to 5 learning outcomes. At least one will address a systems based patient safety focus written by the general practitioner leading the working group.
Learning outcomes are specific and measurable/observable and use action words (verbs) to describe what the participants will be able to do as a result of the education activity.
CPD hours can be any of the following:
- Educational activities –lectures, webinars, workshops, reading, podcasts and courses
- Reviewing performance – case-based discussions and peer group learning
- Measuring outcomes – research, audits or evaluations
- Hybrid – made up of two or more CPD types.
Application for hours
At the completion of the working group and pathway review we will lodge all participating participants' surnames and RACGP or ACRRM numbers online.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance.